€ 6,834 per year
About the programme
The new structure of the English Language and Literature programme offered at University of Cyprus consists of the following three different tracks within the same Programme. The tracks are areas of specialization within the same degree and have been designed in order to create a flexible, more diverse degree and to provide students with the opportunity to focus on specific areas of interest during their studies. Click on one of them to see the respective curriculum in detail:
- Anglophone Literature & Cultural Studies Track
- Theoretical & Applied Linguistics Track
- Translation Studies Track
The tracks may overlap at various points, thus students are given the opportunity to customise their programme of studies in their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years by choosing compulsory and elective courses from any of the three tracks. The choice of track must be finalised by the 5th semester of studies the latest.
According to the new structure of the BA in English students must fulfil the following requirements:
- 17 compulsory courses in the 1st and 2nd year
- 16 compulsory and elective courses in the 3rd and 4th year
- 3 levels of a Foreign Language courses (other than English), offered by the Language Center.
- 4 University elective courses (from at least three different Schools of the University of Cyprus). As university elective courses, students may opt for foreign language courses, the general University rule being that only one language course at the 1st level can count as a University elective. If they decide to do so, they have two options. They may take: 1) either one or two levels of the same language, which will count as one or two university electives respectively, as long as this language is different from the one they have chosen for the foreign language requirement, or 2) the 4th level of the language they have chosen for the foreign language requirement to count as one University elective. If students take this second option, they may also take another foreign language course to count as an additional University elective.
- Students may choose to prepare a final thesis in place of 2 electives in their 4th year of studies.
- Academic Essay Writing
- The Study of Drama
- Language and Mind
- Foreign Language
Get started today!
Fill in the form to request more information about tuition fees, course details and more.